Meet new people, get involved in your community, learn important skills, and make a difference.
Interns take on a leadership role on a campaign, and in many cases are able to receive course credit.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Help Increase the Youth Vote
Work with student groups, faculty, and administrators to make sure everyone on campus has a chance to register and vote.
Fight Poverty in Your Community
Organize weekly service trips and fundraisers for to a local poverty relief agency.
Help Students Find Affordable Health Care
Organize press conferences and educational events to distribute helpful tips and facts to find good coverage that won't break the bank.
Build a Sustainable Campus and World
- Run petition and letter writting drives to get your Senator to support more and better public transportation.
- Host movie screenings and panel discussions to educate students about energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Reduce waste and protect the ocean by banning single-use plastic bags on campus.
- Build support for clean energy projects like wind and solar power.
Protect Students from Ripoffs from Textbooks Companies, Banks, and Landlords and Protect Student Aid
- Meet with faculty members about using open-source textbooks to save students thousands of dollars.
- Survey local banks and renters to make sure students aren't being ripped off.
- Host a campus-wide call in day to make sure your congressmen support affordable higher education.
Improve your public speaking and writing skills, and learn how to work with the media to get media coverage. Get experience speaking in front of groups and advocating a position one-on-one.
Learn the basics of running a campaign - recruiting a training volunteers, generating grassroots support (petitions, letters, calls), building coalitions, organizing large events, campaign strategy, and basic lobbying.
Learn how to run meetings, work with teams, plan large events, develop other leaders, mange volunteers, and manage your time.
- Get Involved